Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0

alansabout 17:34 08 Jan 2006

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but I am sure you will let me know. Having read the review of Premiere Elements 2.0 in the latest edition I downloaded a trial for it 1.16GB only to find it would not install as it stated I needed SSE2 support for my processor click here I am not sure if there is a way round this apart from a major upgrade.

ade.h 19:30 08 Jan 2006

If your processor is not among those listed in the product's sys req and it does not have SSE2 - unusual these days - then there is no way around it.

And this would be more appropriate in the helproom.

David4637 14:33 09 Jan 2006

How do you find out whether your processor has SSE. Mine is early 2005 Tosh laptop? Thanks David

ade.h 14:54 09 Jan 2006

Check the specs on the manufacturer's website, or maybe run Everest. click here

alansabout 17:41 09 Jan 2006

Hi David4637 This might help you click here

De Marcus™ 18:48 09 Jan 2006

Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 requires the SSE2 instruction set for real-time previews. The SSE2 instruction set is included with Intel Pentium 4 and later processors, and with AMD Athlon 64 and Opteron and later processors.

De Marcus™ 18:52 09 Jan 2006

Sorry I never meant to paste the above, got ahead of myself. I was looking at adobes page on this error click here which states the above previous post, however when you click on the 'check the system requirements' link the above statement sounds redundandt as it states the following as the minimum sys spec:

Windows

Intel® Pentium® III 800MHz processor (Pentium 4 3GHz recommended)

Microsoft® Windows XP

256MB of RAM (1GB or more recommended)

800MB of available hard-disk space for installation

Microsoft DirectX-compatible sound card (multichannel ASIO-compatible sound card for surround sound support recommended)

CD-ROM drive, CD recorder (CD-R/-RW) required for CD creation

DVD recorder (DVD-R/RW+R/RW) required for export to DVD

1,280x1,024 32-bit color video display adapter (OpenGL card recommended)

For DV: OHCI-compatible IEEE 1394 interface and dedicated 7200rpm UDMA 66 IDE or SCSI hard disk

For third-party capture cards: Adobe Premiere Pro certified capture card

Internet or phone connection required for product activation

So there's something amiss, perhaps a phonecall to adobe?

alansabout 18:54 09 Jan 2006

Will not run with Athlon processors click here

alansabout 19:07 09 Jan 2006

Just to make my thread a bit clearer which is why I posted it in this forum I was somewhat surprised that this was not mentioned in the review as I would have thought it would have affected quite a lot of people. I myself am running three PC,s two of which are running athlon's 2.8&3.2 which are by no means slow processors it is just I feel a somewhat radical move by Adobe to perhaps miss out on a lot of sales. I would think that there are still a lot of people still working with "old processors"

David4637 20:08 10 Jan 2006

Thanks for the reply on SSE2,I have a Pentium 4 so I should be OK. David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?