Absolute Motoring Chaos!

Pine Man 19:33 12 Jan 2008

..is what the AA are forecasting when the new parking charges are introduced at the end of March.

What a load of rubbish. The same regulations will still apply it's only the penalties that will change with some infringements attracting a higher penalty than others.

People may not like parking fines or the enforcement of parking regulations but chaos resulting from a different fine structure - I very much doubt it!

[email protected] 20:39 12 Jan 2008

where did the aa print this please? have you a link? thanks.

hssutton 20:44 12 Jan 2008
  MCE2K5 20:48 12 Jan 2008
  [email protected] 20:49 12 Jan 2008

thanks both.

MCE2K5 22:05 12 Jan 2008

"The same regulations will still apply":

What Regulations.

There are None, where I live.
I've Got 2 Yellow lines on the Road outside of my House, Inconsiderate Drivers, Including 2 White Van Men regularly Park their Rust Buckets outside my House blocking me in (I park on my front Drive).

Several times I have rang the Police about this.

Their answer is, It takes up too much of their time doing the paperwork.

One Police officer I spoke to said that where he lives, He could Book 25 Car owners every day going to work and a different 25 going back home, But he would not because it would cause bad feeling.

The only answer to little poser is to Crush All Vehicles that park Illegally on Double Yellow Lines Full Stop.

Sorry, But thats my 2 cents worth.

Stuartli 00:24 13 Jan 2008

There's also the matter of not parking too far away from the kerb (something which most motorists have not the slightest knowledge if it applies in their area); the actual figure is 50 centimetres.

Parking on the pavement itself will also count.

I'm not sure, however, if these applied before the new proposals.

>>But, I think it's more to do with the AA feeling it has to complain about any changes to motoring law.>>

How otherwise, then, would the feelings of more than 30m vehicle owners be made known at the appropriate level?

laurie53 07:37 13 Jan 2008

I'm one of those 30m.

I have not authorised the AA to speak on my behalf.

Quickbeam 08:39 13 Jan 2008

"One Police officer I spoke to said that where he lives, He could Book 25 Car owners every day going to work and a different 25 going back home, But he would not because it would cause bad feeling."

But it won't stop the parking ticket agencies handing out 'bad feeling' in abundance via CCTV cameras.

A couple I know had their car broken into over the Christmas period, and when they asked the police to check the CCTV tapes, they were told point blank, "we don't have the resources to do this, it's not serious enough", and promptly gave a crime No and hung up when he vented his annoyance. But it seems there will be plenty of manpower available to deal out 'bad feeling'.

Pine Man 08:43 13 Jan 2008

'But it seems there will be plenty of manpower available to deal out 'bad feeling'.'

Very little parking enforcement is now the responsibility of the police traffic wardens - most is carried out by local authority parking attendants.

Quickbeam 09:07 13 Jan 2008

That's true, but will the local authority CCTV checkers bother to pass on footage of wrong doing in the criminal sphere if it's of low grade crime?

There is a very good opportunity here to use this technology towards a 'zero tolerance' crime target in society.

But, it seems that someone parking momentarily whist popping into the paper shop for the daily rag & fags is a greater threat to civilisation as we know it than hoodie muggers, that get let off, in case they have their human rights abused...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017