about turn...

Seth Haniel 09:00 17 Feb 2011

click here

after the case of the Fireman stampeding cattle and paying the price

does the farmer who's cattle are involved here have to pay the damages caused ??

morddwyd 09:18 17 Feb 2011

Normally, yes.

His insurance should cover it.

Quickbeam 11:11 17 Feb 2011

That last paragraph reminds me of an old Two Ronnies gagette.
'An elephant has just been seen doing a ton on the M1, motorists are advised to drive with care and treat it as a roundabout', boom boom...

Dragon_Heart 11:16 17 Feb 2011

..... 'inadequate' !

The cows may be worth more to him dead than alive.

I used to work out in the countryside and the local estate, owned by the National Trust, use tro keep sheep in it's fields. The number of times I almost killed one or two sheet who had got onto the road.

The farmers response ? They are stupid !

Not so stupid to be able to find the holes in his fences !

Chegs ®™ 04:52 18 Feb 2011

One of our fell roads has been the subject of much discussion as the Sellafield traffic were accused of killing many animals(sheep/horses)by driving at excessive speeds.The road had a 60mph limit(recently dropped to 40mph by the council)but as the road is only traversable at speed when no other vehicles are using it and the police have already stated that enforcing the limit is nigh-on impossible,the best way to reduce the numbers of animals killed would've been to fence them in.I await the news that the council have no powers to impose a reduced limit,same as was recently reported regarding the 20mph limit in one of the villages.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?