$8bn (£5.6bn) investment fraud.

The Brigadier 16:30 18 Feb 2009

Seems West Indian Cricket has imploded in to it's self.
And left the ECB with egg on it's face,
Surely Giles Clarke as Chairman should go over his part in selling the ECB to the Stanford Cricket Circus!

babybell 16:39 18 Feb 2009

that they had done over 100 hours of research into Stanford. But this only told them how much he had, not how he got it. The thing that really tickled me is 4 of the cricketers who won $1m were actually persuaded to invest the money back into Stanfords company. Brilliant.

The Brigadier 16:48 18 Feb 2009

The ECB & County Cricket have lost £30 million over the next 5 years.
It could well destroy Island Cricket in the West Indies!
Looks like Digicel's advertising looks to be even more stable!
People desperate to get their money out of the Stanford Banks around the West Indies!

john bunyan 17:56 18 Feb 2009

Iceland Banks, Madhoff, now Standford, and probably others to come.I can understand if people put a bit of money in high yielding schemes, but only such an amount that would not be very serious if lost. I cannot understand how many "idiots" have put all their money into such schemes, and am sorry for them, but really they have only themselves to blame.(So many people fall other more obvious cons - Nigerian and others - that proves that greed can overcome common sense)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?