62p well spent

Seth Haniel 13:03 28 Jun 2007
  Totally-braindead 13:10 28 Jun 2007

Is it well spent? I just don't know. I like the idea of having a royal family but its a lot of money, a lot of these trips are creating goodwill and the like but how much income does having a royal family provide to the country? Any?

Cymro. 13:14 28 Jun 2007

It is not how much they cost us that matters to me but the principle of monarchy.

Even if they did not cost us a penny I would still be against such a system.

The sooner we become a republic the better.

Kate B 13:19 28 Jun 2007

That's 62p I could have spent on something more useful, like sweets. Sorry, not in favour of the monarchy.

Seth Haniel 13:23 28 Jun 2007

Commonwealth Day and Empire Day at school - and a time now lost - when we had pride in this country - and our Royal Family

(and a lot of countries today are envious of our Royalty

I feel they do more for us than against us as aa country - so money well spent ;)

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:26 28 Jun 2007

The family is dysfunctional and not really a role model of either harmony or adherence to vows. They are OK for people whom like tugging their forelocks as they waddle past

G

Quickbeam 13:28 28 Jun 2007

Does that mean if we all send each other 62p, we'll all be worth £37.3M...?

On the serious side, I,m for pure meritocracy. There are some real dolts that have come from 'silver spoon' stock!

madgamer234 13:35 28 Jun 2007

when someone uses the tacky smoke and mirrors trick to show how little it costs per day for gas,electric,council tax,taxes,food,mortgage,royalty.......etc they forget that by the end of each week we might have a big fat zero left in our pockets.

the same can't be said for the royals as they give us that wooden dummy hand wave from the helicopter.

let's all make it a penny a year 'cause that is still a lot of wasted but hard earned money.

wee eddie 13:38 28 Jun 2007

Have you heard what the "per capita" cost of George Bush is? Mush more!

Our "Tone" having just left the Prime Minister's job, would have become President for Life instead of a "goodwill Ambassador". Taking over from President Margaret Thatcher who has decided to retire from Public Life.

Seth Haniel 13:47 28 Jun 2007

Her Majesties picture -

carried in your pocket each day

sunny staines 14:02 28 Jun 2007

don't mind paying for the queen its all the hangers on like andrew edward charles anne and co they sholud not go on the pay outs unless they become the monarch.

they are so wealthy its an insult for the tax payer to to pay for the whole bunch.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache