4 Hours in Liverpool

Blackhat 00:48 31 Aug 2008

One day next week Mrs B and I will have 4 hours to spend in Liverpool while awaiting a passport renewal. Neither of us have been Liverpool before so what can we do/see/visit in this short space of time that will leave us with a memorable visit?

We are both late 40’s, physically able and culturally minded.

AL47 01:29 31 Aug 2008

northerners :0 and lots of em!

sorry couldnt resist ;)

rdave13 01:40 31 Aug 2008

Something here perhaps, though don't be fooled by the good weather snaps! click here

MCE2K5 01:48 31 Aug 2008
  newman35 07:03 31 Aug 2008

Weather permitting, stroll to the Pier Head and join the mini-cruise across the river on the old 'ferry'.
If you can bear a dollop of Gerry and his Pacemakers, that is.
Walker Gallery worth a visit, too.

martjc 08:11 31 Aug 2008

...which is where the Passport Office is, you are in walking distance of all those mentioned. There is also The Tate Gallery on Albert Dock. Visit one of the local pubs or new Liverpool One shopping centre. At the end of your four hours you just may want to see more!

Bingalau 09:34 31 Aug 2008

Blackhat. Don't go near the shops if Mrs. Blackhat is with you, it will cost you an arm and a leg and you will wish you had applied for your passport through the post.
If you are there on Thursday afternoon and want to meet real Liverpudlians, go to the Eldonian Village Hall by taxi about three-o-clock and mingle with our veteran Merchant Navy folk. A bit noisy but the booze is cheap enough and the company is brilliant. Entertainment and dancing etc. is there to be enjoyed and it all ends about six p.m. (Sorry but I am not able to be there to meet you and buy your beer).

spuds 13:18 31 Aug 2008

When I use to frequent Liverpool, it was usually a wait for the night ferry to Ireland. Our spare hours usually went in a Chinese restaurant near the docks. Occasionally we had just missed the ferry, and it was a fast journey to the railway station, and a rail journey to Holyhead for a later sea journey to Ireland.

Those were the days, and happy times :O)

Stuartli 19:46 31 Aug 2008

There's the new Liverpool One shopping centre:

click here

The Albert Docks is a big tourist attraction:

click here

You could take a ferry ride or do a 1000 and one other things.

One of the beauties of Liverpool is that the city centre is pretty compact despite the huge diversity and you can cover a lot of ground in four hours. See:

click here

click here|countryGB&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Liverpool+%2B+attractions&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=more-results&cd=1

In fact you may want to stay even longer...:-)

pchelper001 20:50 31 Aug 2008

Having pretty much lived in liverpool for the last 8 years, there is always something different to do every time we go up! It is so lovely up there, we are even thinking of staying permanently lol, go and check out the main city centre, with the Liverpool One development, and go and stand in awe under Radio City, and visit the St. John's centre underneath. You won't be able to miss the Radio City Tower, you can see if from over 85% of Liverpool!

P.S Bingalau, 'it will cost you an arm and a leg'? It is one of the best places for shopping in the North, and it is always possible to get more for you money up there.

pchelper001 20:52 31 Aug 2008

Apologies, I just re-read your post, and understood what you were trying to say, just serves me right for reading posts too quickly!

Sorry about that,
PC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?