£38,000 ax payers money wasted

finerty 09:59 21 Mar 2011

click here

According to he highways agency they need to protect it and claims its inaccessible yet from the photo you can make out some road outside the farmhouse

finerty 10:00 21 Mar 2011

Whoopsie should read Tax not ax

finerty 10:00 21 Mar 2011

this darn keyboard

Woolwell 10:48 21 Mar 2011

It was inaccessible during the road works which are now complete. I imagine that they will be now trying to sell it. It would need protection as it would have been occupied by squatters or more likely completely vandalised. I do not know how actively they are trying to sell it but with a main road near by it may not be that attractive.

Chegs ®™ 14:18 21 Mar 2011

We have many empty buildings around here that would make nice homes were it not for busy roads passing by outside.One old mansion was purchased by the water board,and years later sold to a developer who turned it into several flats.These flats were empty for about 20 years & the developer employed a security firm to prevent vandalism,but the occasional visit by a security guard did not prevent vandals smashing all the windows repeatedly and the once grand looking house now looks derelict(though has at least 1 tenant as I've delivered pizzas there recently)

peter99co 15:30 21 Mar 2011

A council near us has just removed BUS LANES which cost £100.000 to install last year.

They were considered dangerous to drivers using the road.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?