21st century German vision of a hotel room

TopCat® 18:05 29 Dec 2008

Scientists at the Fraunhofer Institute in Duisburg have unveiled their perception of a high-tech hotel room of the future. No sign of the ubiquitous bath towels for their beach loungers though! :o) TC. click here

newman35 18:19 29 Dec 2008

Love to know what the rack-rate will be!

perpetual motion 18:30 29 Dec 2008

Intresting id like to see the same room after a years useage & so what is still working or not working?

its a great idea im all in for the concept the only thing is these rooms wont be in your Holiday inn's there much more upmarket & your pay for the service which i would of thought would be around £180 per night min, this is ideal for people always on the go it offers something that nearly all hotels in the uk dont offer & thats the option to relax? most people have to try to relax by using a GYM or a POOL where as this has come in on a differant train!

the bed looks good but if you walk past it whilst the moving you could get a nasty bang from the moving edge unless the bedroom was big enough?

As with most hotels the rooms are dingy so if a hotel was to FULLY convert ALL there rooms to this style they would find themselves loosing a handfull of rooms or maybe more to adapt mass space needed to adapt the new features & a lot of companies WONT like that as its revenue there loosing..

Stuartli 18:45 29 Dec 2008

The hotel room seemed to lack any soul or ambiance from what I saw on the BBC News 24 coverage.

Pineman100 18:09 30 Dec 2008

I bet you'd still find a p*bic hair in the bath.

513 19:38 30 Dec 2008

The last hotel room i was in had a shower you had to turn sidewase to get in, only program on tv was CNN,single bed with 18in space all round, had a lift only 3 people could use at one time. It was marvelous. Why? it was in Paris.

Al94 19:59 30 Dec 2008

I had a similar experience in Paris, albeit in a tight double room, but the view of the Eiffel Tower from the window made up for it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

How artist Alex Yanes worked with his daughter on this bright 3D mural for Monument Valley 2

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comment regarder le lancement du Galaxy Note 8 en direct ?