2012 Olympic tickets on sale 15 March

peter99co 20:56 15 Jan 2011

click here

Will you be going?

ams4127 22:37 15 Jan 2011

No.

Strawballs 22:46 15 Jan 2011

My daughter said that there were adverts for the tickets last November in London when she was there.

Forum Editor 23:02 15 Jan 2011

Official tickets don't go on sale until 15th March. Any tickets being offered for sale before then will not be genuine.

Forum Editor 23:03 15 Jan 2011

I will. I'm not going to sit here while the Olympic games are being held in my own city and not attend.

Blackhat 23:24 15 Jan 2011

I am a great fan of the Olympics as a concept (putting aside financial implications for host countries) and was pleased when we were awarded the 2012 games. As a previous athlete myself and my grandfather was an Olympic gold medal winner I was looking forward to being able to attend the games.

Thinking more now about the TV coverage that we will get, I would rather book time off work and watch live coverage than pay out for ticket, travel and accommodation as I live in Birmingham.

In the UK we will probably get the best TV coverage ever of an Olympic event and I dare say that if the commentary teams are up to scratch it will be good viewing.

I have previously taken time of work during the second week of Olympics purely to watch live coverage of track & field. I do not yet know what the costs for me might be to attend but the comfort of home and constant TV coverage are appealing.

eikonuj 23:46 15 Jan 2011

No

Quickbeam 10:21 16 Jan 2011

Will I be going? Yes.

Will I get to the track and field finals? Depends on whether they'll change me $20,000,000 Zimbabwe note...

Forum Editor 10:33 16 Jan 2011

If you're applying for tickets online you can only do so with a VISA debit or credit card - no other cards will be accepted.

It's also worth remembering that ticket sales will not be on a first-come, first-served basis, so there's no need to rush to make your attempt on the first day.

There are only two ways to apply for tickets:-

Via the official ticket site (tickets.london2012.com)

Or by form, obtainable in high streets from 15th March.

No Zimbabwe banknotes accepted I'm afraid.

See you in the stadium.

Quickbeam 10:36 16 Jan 2011

...or be square.

morddwyd 10:41 16 Jan 2011

While I'm a great fan of athletics (Derek Ibbotson was one of my PE instructors when I was training, and I was always in the top ten in cross country until my late teens when the beer took over!) I'm not such a great fan of professional sport, so I will not be seeing a lot of the games, even on TV.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?