200,000 members

sean-278262 02:26 23 Oct 2006

Congratulations PCA how do we feel at 200000 users? Yup that milemarker has been surpassed at just after midnight. Any comments from anyone? Surely this is worthy of being part of PCA news.

Miros 03:54 23 Oct 2006

Good job they are not all logging on at the same time :-)

wolfie3000 04:36 23 Oct 2006

200008 now,

congradulations PCA.

I remember the excitment at 150,000,

I wonder what would happen if they all logged in at the same time?

€dstowe 06:44 23 Oct 2006

Of the 200,000 membership, how many are active members? How many have joined with one specific question, never to return.

Remember, size isn't everything.

To me it seems there are a dedicated few who try to sort out an evanescent remaining membership.

I'm not trying do poo-poo the achievement, just suggesting that too much is not read into it.

hijo 11:12 23 Oct 2006

yeah thats speaks for itself realy i never have given this website any acknowledgement BUT it REALY deserves it & so does our mr Peter Thomas..AKA "FE" well done this is a very usefull w/site & although i dont always agree with the "FE's" oppinions he does give out some sound advice..respect..!!

Taff™ 13:20 23 Oct 2006

Who was the 200,000 user? C`mon FE - Headlines in the PCA Magazine!

Congratulations to all concerned - great milestone.

sean-278262 13:43 23 Oct 2006

Not much is read into it. PCA must be one of the biggest web forums about. It is one hell of an achievement. Nothing small by any account. It is an amazing thing to have had 200,000 accounts for one website. Gone are the days when we were looking forward to 100,000! While I by no means feel I have really helped it that much I think a word of note must go out to those special few who spend countless hours on here doing good deeds.

Still waiting for it to hit the news section.

Mr Mistoffelees 16:16 23 Oct 2006

It doesn't seem to be very long ago we were all shouting about 150,000 members. The membership seems to be climbing ever faster.

Bob The Nob© 16:24 23 Oct 2006

yep, I remember when there was 150,000 members and we all rejoiced in the streets drinking cherry and such like.

But is it a steady climb in members or are there any trends iin when people join? Do they all then help someone else?

I remember when I first joined and the help I got was first class, but do other people think the same when I help them?

Just some thoughts

Bob The Nob©

sunny staines 16:26 23 Oct 2006

how does a reader have to go without logging on to drop of the list?
how many have dropped of so far?
just curious would be nice to have an article in the news section with some stats figures.

spuds 17:37 23 Oct 2006

I recall the days when the FE was called China, and it was like a lottery count every month, on how many more people would join.

The only difference from those days to this, was most members gave an indication as to who they were by contributing to the forum.Nowadays, with the vast number, most people would appear to be 'lurkers' or non-active members.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017