15 technology tricks that are naughty but nice

Proclaimer 13:08 05 Nov 2010

Seriously, you posted this on the front page?

Hack Mobile Phone Text, multiple Facebook identities, Hijack someone else's Facebook or Twitter account...

What are you on PCA?

Woolwell 13:27 05 Nov 2010

Isn't against forum rules somewhere?

jakimo 13:45 05 Nov 2010

For the current issue

click here

johndrew 14:24 05 Nov 2010

I do believe you are advertising someone else's publication on this site.

PCA is click here

PCM is click here

spuds 18:33 05 Nov 2010

I looked at it, then saw that it was spread over many pages, then gave up.

wolfie3000 04:36 06 Nov 2010

click here

While some im sure are just a bit of a laugh, some are illegal and can be used for crimes like Cyber bullying,

I refer to 6. Hijack someone else's Facebook or Twitter account.

This has been used in the past for some of the most vile of cyber bullying and am disgusted the PCA would even mention this.

I would like to know the editors opinion on this, and why this article was even published.

BT 08:43 06 Nov 2010

I started reading this article but got fed up about halfway down the second page and gave up.
They are 'naughty' but certainly NOT nice, and shouldn't be encouraged.

Proclaimer 10:16 06 Nov 2010

Maybe the front page was Hi-Jacked and they don't know it's there...

mr simon 11:29 07 Nov 2010

I can see the reason with including things such as Jailbreaking iPhones or Android phones, which is perfectly legal, but I was absolutely amazed that the article then went on to explain how to intercept other peoples texts and also how to steal their cookies over unsecured networks.

Bloody stupid.

Matt Egan 14:58 07 Nov 2010

Hi all. I can see why that particular piece may cause a little consternation. We thought long and hard before publishing it, and decided that these are things that people do, and so long as we highlight the negative impact of each, it's legitimate - possibly even our duty - to report them. That said I do appreciate that it is not in our usual style and will categoriclly state that we are not encouraging anyone to partake in nefarious activities.

Matt Egan
Editor - PC Advisor

spikeychris 15:48 07 Nov 2010

Sorry Matt but that just doesn't wash. Printing 'Find yourself loitering in internet cafés or airport lounges with time to kill? Why not hack into your neighbour's Facebook or Twitter account?' and flagging up ways of monitoring text messages from other phones is not your duty to report.

Caveats smaveats - sensationalist journalism with links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?