$ 100 Million fine

Noldi 20:53 14 Sep 2007

Was it right and in the name of so called sport to fine McLaren $100 million click here just for actions of a few people in the organisation that could affect the jobs of hundreds of people.

My opinion is a lot of people work tirelessly to get advantages in their fields only to see this type of thing destroying their whole years work, must be a total demotivation similar to the British Airways / Virgin price fixing scam and see money that could maybe have been part of their salary increase given away in fines.

Noldi

rdave13 20:55 14 Sep 2007

Well; when any sport attracts so much money does it not become a business and no longer a sport?

Strawballs 22:14 14 Sep 2007

The fine was imposed with no proof and none of the things that were on the drawings that were planted are actually on the McLaren car this is just a case of one team up to there usual dirty tricks

rdave13 22:25 14 Sep 2007

Or a case of making F1 a tad more interesting as a "sport".
Since big money went into football I lost interest. I think that F1 are trying to produce more publicity to try and get more enthusiast back to the 'sport'. Even myself, a staunch follower of Formula one, is having enough of bovine excrement.
Time to switch off I'm afraid as there are no drivers left; just cars.

VoG II 22:27 14 Sep 2007

I suggest a quick read of click here

Whitehart 22:57 14 Sep 2007

Typical of a certain team, can't win on the track so trying to win in the courtroom.

I am a Ferrari fan as well !

rdave13 22:59 14 Sep 2007

I started to read it but I just didn't have the old enthusiasm. I've tried to think that it was like the 'old' days but like everything else I now feel the whole setup is staged.
Think; young tot pushed and financially supported to drive one of the best cars in the world. No failure allowed.
May be any driver running this Grand Prix would do the same if not better.
Any way the rugby last Sunday was better.

Forum Editor 23:01 14 Sep 2007

I suggest you review the information in VoG™'s link carefully before making silly comments about "The fine was imposed with no proof" and "none of the things that were on the drawings that were planted..."

In particular you might want to read the bit that says: "McLaren did not dispute that Coughlan had come into possession of Ferrari confidential information"

gudgulf 23:22 14 Sep 2007

What I find intriguing is that McLaren are apparently able to make a better *Ferrari* than Ferrari.

This fiasco is seriously undermining the credibility of F1.......If McLaren were not leading the drivers/constructors championship would Ferrari give a rats ass about the spying?

I don't think so!

I hope,in the interest of perceived fairness, that all future rule breaking/bending by all manufacturers,INCLUDING Ferrari are dealt with with the same severity.

I can't help thinking that this whole thing was triggered by the fact that McLaren had clearly gained insider information relating to Ferrari's use of the flexible wing/car floor........ie cheating!....and blown the whistle.That's just my opinion,by the way!

Nevertheless Mclaren have been caught and proven to have cheated so deserve some punishment...rules are rules after all.

$100 million plus the lack of income from the constructors championship is a huge penalty....lets just hope that Ferrari now let the matter drop.

rdave13 23:49 14 Sep 2007

Sadly it's zzzzzzz for me. Enough put-on drama is enough. If I wanted drama I'd watch Coronation street or the equvilent.
I want to wach the best drivers in the world driving the best cars; not hearing about childish quibbles about a far end of a fitful fart.

Used to be about drivers, now it's just numb. At least Schumacker had the bouncers to be controvercial on the road in front of his fans.
The last great F1 driver.

rdave13 23:51 14 Sep 2007

Hate it when I forget the spell checker..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?