Zyxel powerline network

Martin12 19:08 11 Oct 2008

I have just installed a ZyXel powerline wireless router and 2 powerline adapters for the kids PC's.

It was simple to set up and it works perfectly, giving them the same connection speed as I get via a wired connection to the router.

If you are buying first time, or upgrading your router its got to be an option. Remember you still get a wireless network as well, to use as you fancy.

PS - I don't work for ZyXel!!!!!!

setecio 16:54 13 Oct 2008

What model numbers? Does the router have powerline networking built into it's power plug so that you only need one powerline adapter for the other room ?

How much ?

dwaynedibbly 23:21 13 Oct 2008

After months of struggling with a previously okay wireless connection, PC, laptop, PS3 and PSP. Which for some unknown reason went toes up. I invested in an Advent powerline adapter from PC World. (£50).
Never had a problem since.

The PS3 talks to the PC (via powerline/homeplug) leaving the laptop free to communicate via wireless, with as yet no problems.

Download speeds are better on the PS3, and certainly more stable. Wireless security issues are overcome while maintaining network integrity.
Forget messing about with wireless settings. I tried, it worked to start with. But when things go wrong its time to look at alternatives.

Martin12 00:00 14 Oct 2008

TheRouter has built in powerline, model P660hwpuk and i brought a pair of 401, 200 Mb adapters, for my kids PCs.

The router is about £50 from PC world and the pair of adapters were £75 from ebuyer.

Don't forget you still have wireless if you want.

Martin12 12:07 31 Oct 2008

I friend of mine has just brought some powerline bits (not Zyxel), complete "plug and play" now has his 10meg Vigin connection on his 3 PCs and his PS3.
Wireless has its benefits ie with laptops moving in a house, but this is a more simple, secure robust solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017