zonealarm/avg9 conflicts?

jackwalsh 16:38 21 Apr 2010

Hi,
Was having problems(slow/freezing etc) with AVG9(free version) until recently but all seemed well now.Updated Zonealarm(again free version) a couple of weeks ago and again had problems with slow/freezing browsing etc.Got fed up with it and uninstalled Zonealarm,relying on Windows firewall.Had a look around and tried Ashampoo(free) firewall,all seemed ok but then wouldn't let me update AVG,so uninstalled that as well.Can anyone recommend a good,solid free firewall(nothing too technical/easy to use!) that works well with AVG9 and Windows Defender so that I am not relying solely on my Windows firewall.Many thanks.

Technotiger 17:03 21 Apr 2010

Quite a selection to choose from - I use the paid for version of Sunbelt Pers Firwall ...

click here

john bunyan 17:11 21 Apr 2010

I use PCTools (free) firewall, and Avira (free ) anti virus.Having read a lot of adverse comments on AVG since they went to v9, I would ditch it. Many reccomend MS Security Essentials (MSSE) as an anti virus, with some malware protection too. On balance I reccomend PC Tools firewall, MSSE,and SpywareBlaster, Malawarebytes and on a 32 bit set up Superantispyware.All free.

G4V1N 19:09 21 Apr 2010

Use Avast You can get it Here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache