zonealarm/avg9 conflicts?

jackwalsh 16:38 21 Apr 2010

Hi,
Was having problems(slow/freezing etc) with AVG9(free version) until recently but all seemed well now.Updated Zonealarm(again free version) a couple of weeks ago and again had problems with slow/freezing browsing etc.Got fed up with it and uninstalled Zonealarm,relying on Windows firewall.Had a look around and tried Ashampoo(free) firewall,all seemed ok but then wouldn't let me update AVG,so uninstalled that as well.Can anyone recommend a good,solid free firewall(nothing too technical/easy to use!) that works well with AVG9 and Windows Defender so that I am not relying solely on my Windows firewall.Many thanks.

Technotiger 17:03 21 Apr 2010

Quite a selection to choose from - I use the paid for version of Sunbelt Pers Firwall ...

click here

john bunyan 17:11 21 Apr 2010

I use PCTools (free) firewall, and Avira (free ) anti virus.Having read a lot of adverse comments on AVG since they went to v9, I would ditch it. Many reccomend MS Security Essentials (MSSE) as an anti virus, with some malware protection too. On balance I reccomend PC Tools firewall, MSSE,and SpywareBlaster, Malawarebytes and on a 32 bit set up Superantispyware.All free.

G4V1N 19:09 21 Apr 2010

Use Avast You can get it Here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone