zonealarm and wireless networking

Antz 21:33 05 Sep 2003

According to the help section in zonealarm I need to upgrade to zonealarm pro. in order to provide effective firewall protection over a network. This probably explains why I can't get my network to run with zonealarm activated. Does anyone have any info on this. I don't want to purchase zonealarm pro. for 2 (or possibly 3 p.c's in the future) to find I still have the same problems. Or, even better still, does anyone know of a free firewall that gives effective protection over a network.......I would really appreciate some feedback on this as I have no firewall at the moment and I feel very uncomfortable about it.....Thanks ...Anthony

oglemire 21:55 05 Sep 2003

I have run zone alarm on networks using the free version. All I did was add a range of IP address being 192.168.0.0/24 as being trusted zone. This worked ok ... your gonna have to tweak to get it right though... your best bet is a DSL router with a hardware firewall . at the moment we are selling Vigor 2600 devices. You get a DSL router, Firewall and VPN server for I think £260.00.... well worth it... other member may be able to recomend cheaper alternatives as you wont need the VPN server.

Paranoid Android 22:00 05 Sep 2003

OS ?

Antz 22:03 05 Sep 2003

Windows xp on both p.c's..one desktop(pro)one laptop)(home),

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017