zonealarm wireless network wizard

greybeard 19:59 12 Nov 2006

I've just deleted norton av 2006 and switched to avast and ZA.
I'm now trying to put my second pc upstairs, wireless networked to this pc, into my trusted zone,while offline.
I have the pc upstairs switched on and the belkin network dongle is active etc.
When I switched my wirelsss network on, I expected the new network wizard to appear.
It doesn't.
Is it possible to get the wizard to run by another route, as I've looked in the help files and the za security centre but with no luck.

John

skidzy 20:06 12 Nov 2006

You may have to carry over the wireless settings across.

If you have a flash drive handy,try Control Panel and Setup network wizard.

Hope this helps.

greybeard 20:21 12 Nov 2006

Hi skidzy. I see what you mean, but have no flash drive.
As I only use the network for printing and transferring files when I'm off line, I've found that just turning za off while I use the network is a simple solution.
(There's only me using the set up, and I cant be in two places at once, so it's a safe procedure.)
I assumed that there must be some way of getting the wizard to show up, and wait to see if anyone knows how !!

skidzy 20:28 12 Nov 2006

Try Control Panel Wireless network setup,as you have no flashdrive you will be prompted to setup manually (print out the info)

greybeard 21:08 12 Nov 2006

I'd prefer to get ZA to work as it states in its own software than use a wokaround.
Just turning it off is the simpler option at the moment.
I've also just started another problem thread on ZA, so it's not looking to clever at the moment.

This is not to say that I've got it right, and it's all down to the za prog. Far from it. Nearly all my problems are user generated, and I'm working on the assumption that this is another one.
John

greybeard 21:09 12 Nov 2006

Wish there was an edit button in pca, but I rather like a "wokaround" - asian dinner party ?

skidzy 21:17 12 Nov 2006

Best thing is to uninstall ZA and run Ccleaner click here reboot and reinstall ZA and watch carefully for the allow and deny prompts greybeard.

greybeard 21:20 12 Nov 2006

Problem withh the ccleaner link, and could you give me a run down on what ccleaner does ?
John

skidzy 21:25 12 Nov 2006

Try from here

Ccleaner click here

Ccleaner will tidy up most of the obsolete registry entries and paths,also tidy up the temp files and general rubbish a pc collects.

greybeard 22:31 12 Nov 2006

thanks skidzy, I've just downloaded it and will give it a go.
Thanks again.
John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?