Zonealarm update

loopyloo 16:38 01 Oct 2004

My ZoneAlarm Pro is telling me that there is an update V 5.1.0.33. I press the update button on ZoneAlarms web page and it takes me to a blank page. I have tried several times but this still happens and can't update. Has anyone else had this problem or is it me today.

denchris 16:46 01 Oct 2004

Updated mine 10.30 today , no bother

Old Shep 16:47 01 Oct 2004

The same update is available for the free version which I downloaded this am no problem

loopyloo 16:49 01 Oct 2004

Glad to hear someone can update so any ideas why mine won't.

JonnyTub 17:17 01 Oct 2004

mine neither, i can download the update but it it gives me an error message.

Installer command line switches must be preceeded by a slash (/), not a dash (-). No switch is neccessary to refer to a confugration file. Only one configuration file can be referenced per command line.????

Anyone get the same?? and a workaround???

keith-236785 17:21 01 Oct 2004

the people who are struggling to download this update are probably on windowsxp with SP2 installed.

to download the file you need to click the warning bar (just under the address bar on IE.

by default (though it can be disabled), the SP2 now blocks you from downloading files unless you click the bar and choose to allow the download.

try it and see.

good luck all

JonnyTub 17:26 01 Oct 2004

i have sp2 and no such problems with the download, just the upgrade itself.

keith-236785 17:33 01 Oct 2004

ok JonnyTub, dont have an answer for you im afraid but others might benefit from my answer (might not as well) ;-)

Noelg23 17:40 01 Oct 2004

paperman is right...if you look just under the address bar there maybe a box telling you that the download has been stopped..just press it and select Download File...but I know I didnt have this have this problem...it just downloaded fine and I have SP2...

Stuartli 17:47 01 Oct 2004

Er, no...:-)

Why do so many blame virtually everything that goes wrong with forum members' systems seek to pin the blame on XP and SP2?

It's just nonsense.

As demonstrated by my first time, no messing download and installation of the latest ZA version.

Equally as smooth, in fact, as the installation and subsequent running of XP Pro and SP2 several weeks ago.

Noelg23 17:53 01 Oct 2004

Stuartli not everyone is happy go lucky as you...there are people in this forum who arent very computer literate and if a problem arises they come here to seek help and advice...I would totally agree with paperman...I have tried doin some downloads in the past week and I always have to hit the bar that tells me the download could not be done so I have to do it manually...everyone has their way of doing things...and we're not blaming XP and SP2 entirely but when someone says I have XP with SP2 and it relates to downloading thats the first thing I would think of...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache