zonealarm uninstall problem....HELP!

blakes 23:00 07 Nov 2008

I recently installed an older version of zonealarm free firewall(v.5.1.033) because i did not like the user interface/options on the newer versions. The old version never worked correctly and so i uninstalled it and manually removed all visible components in both normal and safe mode. I even ran Zfix, a program designed to remove all traces of zonealarm. What has happened is that now when i get online none of my applications (web browsers, email clients etc.) are able to connect. Somehow either Truevector Service or some part of or bug related to zonealarm is denying my programs to access the internet. I cannot find any traces of zonealarm remaining but i am not a PC expert. I really dont want to reformat over this. what can i do ??

rdave13 00:46 08 Nov 2008

I'd try system restore to see if the firewall is re-instated. If so, stop Zone Alarm running, and use Revo uninstaller; click here to uninstall it. Don't reboot after it's own uninstaller(Zone Alarm) is run, click cancel, continue with Revo's removal of registry left overs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?