ZoneAlarm Pass Lock

DJ-Garry 00:46 03 Sep 2004

I have the free version of ZA and it won't let programs have internet access with the 'Padlock' closed even tho I've given them Pass Lock permission in the settings. They include IE and OE. I have to keep the internet lock open all of the time. I've tried all combinations of access and server rights but nothing seems to work.
I'm running XP pro with SP2, Windows firewall turned off (doesn't make any difference if I turn it on) on Blueyonder Broadband. By the way, it was the same b4 I installed SP2 so that's not an issue.
Any ideas anyone???

Cheers, Garry.

helmetshine 03:21 03 Sep 2004

This is from the ZA help section.....hope it helps

When the Internet Lock is engaged, programs given pass-lock permission can continue to access the Internet. If you grant pass-lock permission to a program, and that program uses other applications to perform its functions (for example, services.exe), be sure to give those other programs pass-lock permission as well. A key symbol in the Lock column indicates that the program has pass-lock privilege.

To grant or revoke pass-lock privilege:

Select Program Control|Programs.

Select a program from the list, then click in the Lock column.

Select Pass Lock or Normal from the shortcut menu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?