Zonealarm causing cpu to run at 100%

SB23 18:19 10 Jul 2008

With reference to my other thread, click here, I started having problems a few days ago.

Over the last 24hrs I have discovered that the problem was being caused by Zonealarm, and have since upgraded to the newer version, but it still insists on misbehaving, lol.
At this time, I have turned off ZA, and am running just the Windows firewall just so that I can connect to ask for help.
Is it fixable or do I have to change my free firewall again?

Any ideas

Thanks

Steve

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:07 10 Jul 2008

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Zonealarm?

A corrupt instal can give your symptoms.

SB23 20:53 10 Jul 2008

Yes, infact twice, even ran Ccleaner inbetween, and would you believe nothing changed.
At the mo, I'm downloading Comodo as the pc will not connect at all with ZA installed.
The thing is, this is the 2nd time ZA has done this to me.
Also, now that ZA is off my system the highest the cpu has had to work was when Aol was connecting. All else seems ok.

I'll report back when Comodo is installed.

SB23 22:44 10 Jul 2008

Thanks for your suggestion, but I see that there is another thread with regards to ZA, with one person having connection issues aswell, but Comodo has installed and is working ok, and I can connect to Aol, so I'm leaving it like that.
The newer version of ZA did nothing to sort my problems out, and my cpu is running normally again, yippee!

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie