Zonealarm caused problems!

Whiteadder310556 14:06 11 Feb 2009

It looked as though Zonealarm was not blocking any intrusions, after checking that all the settings were correct I reinstalled. Then I could not acess the internet, I had to uninstall it. I could then use the internet and reinstalled, however A squared and AVG stopped working, which I corrected. But Easy Flv will not now play any videos offline I have captured from youtube, reinstall did nothing. Any suggestions?

config_error 15:16 11 Feb 2009

i suggest you uninstall zone alarm and use COMODO. its the best firewall and antivirus at the moment..
follow this tutorial click here

Whiteadder310556 16:32 11 Feb 2009

I previously looked at Comodo but it looked too complicted! Anyhow that will not solve my current problem!

Whiteadder310556 22:19 11 Feb 2009

bump

know_nowt 22:24 11 Feb 2009

i switched from zone alarm to comodo..on the advice from guys on this site.... i found that it is much the same as zone alarm in regards to it's interface and i have had no problems since installing comodo! its not complicated.. take my word for it :)

Whiteadder310556 15:12 12 Feb 2009

I installed a diferent FLV player and that installed a component of Flash. So the old player is up and running aswell!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?