Zone and Firefox and new PC

Jade 14 G 14:31 23 Jul 2006

Every time l shut down l get a message from Zone asking me to update and the free one doesn't update or am l wrong, it won't let me close till l click on ok but next thing is Firefox opens. Not a big problem l agree but its driving me mad and would like to get rid of it.

Another think i would like your advice about is l want to buy a new PC as am having a problem with my spare laptop. As l am disabled and a laptop is not so high plus type is small l can't use it so was thinking of selling it as its only 4 months old and get another PC.

beynac 14:35 23 Jul 2006

There should be an auto-update option in Zone Alarm's configuration. Untick this and the messages should stop.

VoG II 14:35 23 Jul 2006

Why not try installing the latest free ZA click here and see if the message disappears.

Jade 14 G 14:40 23 Jul 2006

Did that on friday but still is there but only when cloasng down.
No auto update l can see but l always thought free zone you had no updates as l always just downloaded the latest one.
Jill

Jade 14 G 14:45 23 Jul 2006

Can you tell me were l go to set the yellow envelope up as it would help me, did a seach but didn't know what l was talking about.
Jade

VoG II 14:48 23 Jul 2006

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?