Zone Alarm's Force Field - anyone tried it yet?

cocteau48 17:43 27 Sep 2007

Got an email from ZoneAlarm today promoting their new security prog called Force Field
click here
Admittedly the free download is only for the beta version but to me it looks like a sandboxing type of prog creating a virtual computer.
Has anyone tried this yet? Thoughts anybody?

mfletch 17:50 27 Sep 2007

Hi. Cocteau48 Don't know about zone alarm?

But your click here link just says {content}

mfletch

tullie 17:52 27 Sep 2007

Links ok

cocteau48 18:07 27 Sep 2007

mfletch
Do not know why the link has not worked for you but if you Google "ZoneAlarmForceField" you should get the page to which I was linking.

mfletch 18:21 27 Sep 2007

Hi your link works ok in FireFox,

It look good but?

mfletch

eedcam 22:47 27 Sep 2007

Link works ok in Ie 6

ianeon 05:02 28 Sep 2007

I tried it - gave it up - it slowed down my comp - It didn't quite work the way it should - some sites/programmes wouldn't open - Its too buggy for me just now - I'll try it again, later when it is more stable.

cocteau48 10:19 28 Sep 2007

Thanks for the feedback ianeon.
I has a suspicion that putting yet another barrier between you and the internet would have the effect of slowing things down a bit. I did find the "possible glitches" page on the ZoneAlarm site and that alone was enough to put me off.

zonealarmforcefi 18:37 15 Oct 2007

Hi! I'm Lauren and I'm working with zone alarm to talk to our users. I'm sorry to hear that your experience was slow! That’s actually on the known issues list of things Check Point is trying to fix. They’ve already fixed a bunch of these. The known issues and some workarounds are here: click here and if you find one that hasn’t been reported yet, tell us here: click here

I hope your experience continues to improve and thanks for trying out the beta!

gardener 21:01 15 Oct 2007

Acronis have a similar programme in True Image called Try and Decide. I've never managed to get it work though.

cocteau48 08:41 16 Oct 2007

If anyone wants to try a virtual machine/sandboxing type prog there is one (Buffer Zone Security Pro) free today on the Giveaway of the Day site:Zone
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone