Zone Alarm V 6.0.667.000

J B 22:52 08 Sep 2005

Reference my thread click here I tried the new version through the upgrade route and after it was installed and running I found that my computer took a very long time to boot as well as shut down. I followed the directions to the letter so I couldn't see what I did wrong. Idecided to uninstall it and go back to version 5.5.094.000. Since then my system is back to normal. Incidently I ran all my antispyware programs as well as anti-virus and nothing was amiss, so if anyone has any idea's about what to do next I am all ears. J.B.

rawprawn 08:08 09 Sep 2005

There have been problems with ZA 6. Having said that I have had none at all, there must be a software conflict somewhere.

The Spires 08:46 09 Sep 2005

I have gone over to Sygate firewall as I had irresolvable problems with the latest Zone & a program I use, though many on here find the latest Zone Alarm runs well. Have you had a browse on click here

Stuartli 09:01 09 Sep 2005

If you use IE have you checked out your security configuration levels for it? They might conflict with ZA.

See:

click here

for guidance from Microsoft re appropriate levels of security.

J B 13:18 09 Sep 2005

I checked both IE. and Firefox security and privacy settings as Stuartli said and all were the correct settings as M$ said they should be. Also looked over the forums and all they were talking about was mostly the paid for version. However what I did find out was that if your not extremely careful with this new version it is very easy to muck something up. Also I have had a window pop up after I select log off saying that if I choose to end program early I will lose data. Sometimes it stays there for only a second or two, other times I have to end it myself. Any suggestions. J.B.

J B 10:15 10 Sep 2005

I guess I will stick with the old version. J.B.

square eyes 16:48 20 Sep 2005

Although you have ticked resolved i wanted to add my experience.
This is not the first time ZA has caused problems, last night i thought (for a min) i had ruined the drive as it wouldnt boot, safe mode then sys restore took me back.

A complete uninstall using the start/programs menu and then downloading V6 as a clean install and things are back to norm, although a liitle annoying i have to keep allowing/denying programs for a while. Was almost going to ditch it but all seems ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone