zone Alarm True vector monitor shutting down

jorel 23:31 14 Jan 2007

Hi, I have a problem with Zone Alarm (free edition for hime use). Occasionally I get a message pop up to saying 'Zone Alarm true Vector monitor has shut down, do you want to restart it?'. This can happen two or three times within a minute and sometimes it refuses to restart at all when I click the 'yes' option, resulting in my having to shut down Zone Alarm and restart it. It seems to be a totslly random event as to when it happens and it appears to have started since I have been usuing IE 7. Is anyone else experiencing problems like this with IE7? First thought was a virus and malware scan but both came up clean. Any help would be appreciated.

The Kestrel 08:20 15 Jan 2007

Do you have the latest version of Zonealarm free? You could also try uninstalling Zonealarm and then reinstalling, as this often solves problems.

mymate 09:42 15 Jan 2007

Or you could try uninstalling it completely and putting on Sygate or Comodo.
I always think if its a free program and its not behaving right,i cant spend hours trying to fix it when there are other good programs around that will do the job.
If i have paid for a program thats a different matter,i will spend hours getting it to work

jorel 22:49 16 Jan 2007

Thanks for the advice guys. Went back to IE6 and installed Sygate. Problem solved. Tried reinstalling Zone Alarm first but problem persisted. I think that Zone Alarm and IE7 may have some sort of compatibilty issue.

johnnyrocker 23:22 16 Jan 2007

doubt it i had the same prob with za and ie 6 before electing to use what to know is troublefree sygate.

johnny.

chocolate cake 00:06 17 Jan 2007

This happened to me with ZA I posted a message to their forum a while back and their advice was to uninstall and then delete the folder C:\Windows\System32\Zone Labs.

After doing that do a clean install of ZA. Works atreat.

ZA User forum if anyone is interested click here

Daibus 09:43 17 Jan 2007

File.

Madrat 01:09 03 Apr 2007

Just tryed it as I was having the same problem and it worked a treat.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?