Zone Alarm + System restore

john 52 19:10 25 Mar 2010

I apologise if this question comes up again and again but I have recently started using Zone alarm as a Firewall in place of the Windows Xp firewall on the forums recommendation .
I have now uninstalled it and reverted back to the Xp Firewall(behind a router firewall) as it was causing a problem with system restore making it impossible to do a restore .
What recommendations are there for a good free firewall !! I have tried Comodo in the past and just did get on with it
Any suggestions would be appreciated !! I am running SUPERAntiSpyware .Malwarebytes,Microsoft Security Essentials on a XP machine

Thanks John

john bunyan 19:18 25 Mar 2010

When I used XP I had (free) Comodo as a firewall. Now on W7 I Use (free) PC Tools. Comodo was very good but a bit intrusive. PCTools is fine, and works on 64 bit. I would give it a try.I did not use ZA as I heard of some conflicts, prticularly with AVG.

john 52 09:12 26 Mar 2010

Many thanks John Bunyan

I have removed Zone Alarm and installed PC Tools firewall and this has sorted out the problem with System Restore
Thanks

anchor 09:15 26 Mar 2010

Strange; I have used Zone Alarm Pro for ages alongside XP. No problems in doing a system restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017