Zone alarm setup Help

ACOLYTE 14:15 07 Sep 2005

What do i need to put in the trusted zone for
internet connection sharing,i have 3 things showing:

Realtek RTL 8139 Fast Ethernet NIC
adaptor subnet (internet)

WAN(PPP/SLIP) adaptor subnet(internet)

Loop Back adaptor IP Address (trusted)

what i wont to know is which of these need to be in the trusted zone and what in the internet zones,my son will play hell if he cant get on line and play games over a LAN,lol.

Yoda Knight 14:24 07 Sep 2005

Just the realtek adaptor - take it you are connecting via cable ?

ACOLYTE 14:26 07 Sep 2005

Connecting Via Broad band anh have pc set up as client so other pc can share its connection,and i wont to be able to share files as well.

ACOLYTE 14:56 07 Sep 2005

Ok i can acsess files both from my pc to the other and from the other to mine but the other pc cant open webpages,keeps getting page cannot be displayed errors dispit the fact that both LAN & BB connection icons are showing in the task bar as working ok.

ACOLYTE 15:25 07 Sep 2005

I give up with this program its utter rubbish for networks,on a stand alone pc it great but the network support for it is poor in the least,i unuinstalled it.

scotty 15:54 07 Sep 2005

Are you using Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) to connect the two computers? ZA (free) does not fully support ICS. ZA Pro does.

There is a workaround for ZA (Free). It involves lowering one of the security level from High to Med.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:22 07 Sep 2005

click here

see my last post, perhaps I'll try another firewall Sygate or Kerio?

ACOLYTE 16:26 07 Sep 2005

I have downloaded and installed Sygate,this worked first time all i had to do was tick one box and it did the rest for me,way better than ZA.Highly recommend it.

ACOLYTE 10:41 08 Sep 2005

Thanks for that but i think lowering the security lvl rather defeats the point of having a firewall,if you cant set it at what you wont,and rather to what ZA wants you to set it at so it works.I much rather have sygate now.Thx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?