Zone Alarm Problems

Demora 22:13 01 Jun 2004

Although when I installed and setup ZoneAlarm I clicked home network it will not let me access the other computers on the network. UNLESS I close it down altogether. Am I missing something here or is this the way its supposed to be. I've been into the configuration and as far as I can see its setup for trusted Zones. All I wanted was a firewall that would protect the pc not something I had to keep on clicking 'ok'

Demora

jonnytub 22:19 01 Jun 2004

the free version of zonealarm won't enable you to have a network, you have to upgrade to the pro version or find another firewall that will.

johnsims 22:43 01 Jun 2004

jonnytub

sorry mate but that is just not true.

Demora

On startup Zone Alarm should tell you it has detected a new network and allow you to say that it is to go on the good guys list (cannot remember actual message!)

However..... if it is version 5 you have installed, this latest release is a tad buggy. Go to the Zone Alarm forum click here click on support and then user forum. If you can get hold of build 4.5XX then get rid of Ver 5 and install that. Get lots of specific Z A help on that forum from some pretty knowledgable people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone