Zone Alarm problems

User-F19B448A-819C-4883-991C282DFCFBDA20 15:37 28 May 2004

I have the free version of Zone Alarm installed and I also have MSN Messenger 6.2 installed . The problem is that when Zone Alarm is enabled I cannot send audio,but when it is off there is no problem . I must be missing something but I dont know what? I have already allowed Messenger to access via Zone Alarm.

blackstorm2k 15:43 28 May 2004

I have a friend who had the same version of Zone Alarm as you and when we tried to play over LAN, it wouldn't let us connect, despite him telling the programme that I'm a safe connection!

The only way I found to get round it was to exist from Zone alarm completely.

MartinT-B 16:26 28 May 2004

hmmmm

I have never had a probelm with ZA and I use my PC as a game server for many games (C&C Generals, D2 etc.) My problems were with my Linksys router :D

I did have an issue connecting to the Open Beta of Ryzom (a new online RPG like Everquest et al), but that was because the Ryzom launch-screen wouldn't let anything come to the front (including the tak manager). I sorted that by playing in windows format and thereby being able to access the permissions screen.

Finally; Have you got the latest version? It (ZA)updated to 5.0.590.015 2 or 3 days ago and I think the new version is an improvement.

Yes, I have the latest version of Zone Alarm. I wonder if Kerio would give these problems and would it be any good.

MartinT-B 16:52 28 May 2004

Huzzah! Known issue.

Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 324214
You Cannot Make Phone Calls or Start Voice or Video Conversations with Windows Messenger

http: //support.microsoft.com /default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324214

copy/paste that link and remove the gaps after http: and .com to get there.

Hope it helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires