Zone alarm new free combo

johnanthony 13:35 24 May 2012

Can someone confirm that because this is free I won't get updates for both the antivirus and for the product. Because if that is true then this is neither use nor ornament. When I try I get an error and of course no update. I have opened the programme from the icon in the task bar and have opened tools and schedule and enabled both updates. I have restarted the machine and still get the error messages when I try to force updates. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

northumbria61 14:40 24 May 2012

If this is what you are referring to then it has it limitations enter link description here

Note:-

The new Free edition does have some additional limitations, though. Automatic virus definition file and signature updates, the locally-stored file that helps identify threats, are limited to once every 24 hours. You can always manually update it, but this is a notable limitation

stlucia2 07:55 25 May 2012

I "upgraded" to the combo a few days ago and, apart from a couple of glitches with other programs after I'd installed it (I can't prove ZA was to blame), it seems to be working well.

I have seen no indication that it's carrying out the 24-hourly update, so have manually updated it a couple of times with no problem. What kind of error message are you getting, johnanthony? Is it to do with your internet connection?

Personally, I don't see 24-hourly updating as being a major limitation, so long as it's doing that. Avast was beginning to annoy me by the way it slowed everything down when it updated each time I booted up my PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?