Zone Alarm- Application Control

RISC OS user 11:57 09 Feb 2014
Answered

I am using Zone Alarm Free Antivirus plus Firewall version 12,0,104,000 There are 870 programmes secured in the Application Control, some appear more than once, and I am not sure which of the multiple entries to remove. Also there is an entry... Advanced Control Enable Microsoft Catalogue Utilization what is this? Also under OS Firewall there is "enable OS Firewall" and it is ticked, do I need this enabled? Should I be sunning the OS firewall and ZoneAlarm? Are all these enteries slowing down ZoneAlarm?

Zak 14:32 09 Feb 2014

What OS are you running; for Win7 and Win8/8.1 you are best to use the built in Windows firewall.

You should not run more than one firewall; therefore either the OS one or ZoneAlarm in your case.

As far as removing the multiple entries, I personally would not do so as there are various components to individual programs.

"Enable Microsoft Catalog Utilization When enabled, prevents alerts for programs that are cataloged by Windows as known and trustworthy. Enabled by default. (Depending on your settings, ZoneAlarm may still alert you about such programs if they attempt to act as a server outside your Trusted Zone.) "

If you decide to uninstall ZoneAlrm then ZoneAlarm Uninstall 12.0.118.000 Tool

RISC OS user 16:30 11 Feb 2014
Answer

Thanks for your reply.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?