Zone alarm

JoJoh 09:28 23 Oct 2003

I downloaded the free version of zone alarm. It automatically configured my I.E however all of the emails and I.E use in my office run through my Mailgate post office. I could not work out how to configure it so that it applies to Mailgate. Has anybody done this?

Stuartli 09:32 23 Oct 2003

How did ZA automatically configure IE?

You need to authorise any initial website or program access.

Might be worth disabling the e-mail check in ZA through the E-Mail Protection tab and see if this works.

JoJoh 09:42 23 Oct 2003

It automatically configured itself and said that it found I.E. I dont think that by unchecking the automatic email protection it will configure itself for mailgate postoffice. Thanks anyway

Stuartli 09:50 23 Oct 2003

Then you'd better look here then...:-)

click here

ZA by default lists the range of programs on your system but, as I stated, the initial web access always has to be authorised - and on every subsequent occasion unless you ask ZA to remember the instruction.

Stuartli 09:51 23 Oct 2003

I am, of course, referring to individual programs in above posting.

JoJoh 09:58 23 Oct 2003

Thanks for the reply. When I requested automatic configuration, it automatically detected I.E. I however need it to protect my Mailgate Postoffice as all post and Internet connections on my network run through this. I do not think that unchecking the email protection tab will effect Mailgate. I am running Win98 SE

JoJoh 20:24 29 Oct 2003

Thanks for the details on Mailgate. I will try it this weekend. Without this info it would have been impossible for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?