Zip File query

geoff47 22:57 25 Feb 2007

This may sound more confusing than it is....its all down to my explaination.I shall cut a long story short.

I loaded an old version of Winzip from an Advisor CD, and found it lists all the Zip Files on the PC.
I never knew I had so many, some which appear dangerous with names such as "Keylogger included"
D7P3DBNJ.zip and Core 1 and Core 2, all in excess of 7.471kb.

Can I safely delete these,if I have opened them previously and have contents on the PC they are of no further use, are they ?

Any ideas where I may have obtained these from ?
I have no idea where they might be from.

Many thanks for any clues.

2neat 23:00 25 Feb 2007

what op sys are you using?

woodchip 23:09 25 Feb 2007

Sounds like this is ME or 98

woodchip 23:13 25 Feb 2007

Keylogger Will be a Download. As it would not leave something visible if it was anything untoward. It should be a Program that lets you kind of make a recording of what you are doing on your comp. Zips are not harmful, Only if they are unzipped and contain a nasty

2neat 23:14 25 Feb 2007

Make sure your AV is updated and perform a complete scan. I would be careful deleting files. Name like keylogger would cause me concern!

geoff47 23:26 25 Feb 2007

Avast updates regularly.
I did run a scan on one zip file as soon as I saw them all....nothing....but apparently they are safe while zipped ?

It just seems crazy to distribute this sort of thing via a Zip file....Im not going to open any....who would ?

Are they obsolete even if they belong to "safe" programs/files I already have on my PC ?

Can I delete them all ?

woodchip 23:33 25 Feb 2007

You could put them all in a folder but if you have a big drive, But I would forget them.

woodchip 23:35 25 Feb 2007

Just checked mine Win98se I have 20 files 13Mb

geoff47 23:40 25 Feb 2007

Ok many thanks

Input Overload 23:53 25 Feb 2007

I have the same zip files on a new installation of Vista.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?