Zen Networks ?

joethebow 20:15 20 Jul 2004

I have been asked to install a Zen network in my home PC so I can comunicate with the computers at work.

While I know a lot about the internet and LAN networks I have never heard of Zen Networks before. Can anyone help me with some basic data.

They want me to pay £100 ($160) for A Zen Adaptor and I need a network card and still need Broadband to make it operate.

Am I being sold a bill of goods?

joethebow 22:34 21 Jul 2004

I found the answer on the net. Zen is an ISP that charges a £50 connection fee, you buy your own modem and then £30 a month for a 1/2 meg connection. Used for business.

Djohn 00:04 22 Jul 2004

Sorry I didn't realise that Zen networks was referring to Zen the ISP or I would have replied to your question.

Zen is an ISP, an excellent one at that. The monthly fee is £23.82 + VAT. Total £27.99 but if it's for your work then you should be able to claim back the VAT or at least your employer can for you.

There is no monthly contract and they are a superb ISP to be with, rated as one of the most reliable and fastest connection speeds available.

I'm with them myself and have not had a single problem in the nine months or so that I have been using them. click here for the home page and click here for further information. Also click here for the ADSL guide compare chart and you will see they come first month after month for reliability/speed and service. If you place an order with them they will have you up and running in 3-5 days.

I think they are still in business but don't know as I have never needed to get in touch with them ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?