Zalman Fan Controller Beep

Luca M 12:06 10 Jul 2007

I have just got a new Zalman MFC 2 fan controller for my PC and connected the fans to 2 of the connections on the controller (it can take a maximum of 4). All the fans are working and I can control them with the zalman, but it keeps on beeping as if there is an error. There is no refrence to it anywhere on the zalman website or in the user guide that came with it. I have checked all the connections and everything seems to be fine. Does anyone know why it is making that noise or how to stop it?

Thanks

keef66 12:29 10 Jul 2007

is it the Zalman or the mobo that's bleeping?? Could it be the mobo complaining about having fan speed control / feedback taken away from it? Any settings in bios need changing?

Luca M 12:30 10 Jul 2007

No its definatley the Zalman. The beep is twice, with a pause of 2 seconds and then it repeats.

umbongo(uk) 14:00 10 Jul 2007

Operational Guidelines
- Four channels of ZM-MFC2 detect fan RPM signals.
- The Alarm will activate if a fan is not connected or if there is no RPM input signal for any of the channels.
- To deactivate the Alarm, the Stand-By Mode (default setting: ON) of each unused channel must be deactivated.

1. 1. Selecting a Channel/Deactivating Stand-By Mode
(1) Select a channel with the Mode Button (The selected channel will begin to flicker).
(2) Press the Jog Wheel to deactivate the selected channel’s Stand-By Mode. The fan image will turn off.
(3) Deactivate the Stand-By Mode of all unused channels as mentioned above.

note::taken from product on zalman website click below

click here=

Luca M 14:37 10 Jul 2007

Right, I will try that when I get home, thanks for the advice!

Luca M 13:36 11 Jul 2007

Thanks umbongo, its all ok now!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?