ZA problem - safe to delete backup.rdp files (47)

Carafaraday 12:27 09 Oct 2007

I have a problem with ZA free - ok when I first start up the pc but after a few hours ZA refuses to allow access to websites - I can still send and receive emails so the connection (broadband)is still ok. Switching off ZA solves the problem (though not ideal) as does a reboot (leaving ZA on). I have seen a suggestion that I should reboot in safe mode and delete the backup.rdb and iamdb.rdb files in the windows/internet logs folder but am a bit dismayed to find that there are 47 of the former and 11 of the latter. Is it really ok to delete all these? Has anyone tried this?

FatboySlim71 12:46 09 Oct 2007

This may help you to determine what the iamdb.rdb and the backup.rdb are for and if its safe to delete them.

click here

click here

Carafaraday 13:07 09 Oct 2007

FatboySlim71 - many thanks for the links which I have read and tried to understand. It would seem that when the files are discussed there are just two files in total - not my 49 and 11 - that's what makes me a bit wary of deleting them - there are so many!

Carafaraday 16:31 09 Oct 2007

Just in case anyone else has this problem....

I booted in safe mode, renamed internet log file then rebooted. ZA has recreated a new internet log file and everything seems to be working ok. Hopefully this will continue to be the case and I'll post back if not. In the meantime, I'll tick the box and keep my fingers crossed.

Many thanks to FatboySlim71 for their his help.

FatboySlim71 09:09 10 Oct 2007

Glad that it was of help ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017