Youtube videos

VNAM75 18:52 23 Aug 2006

Does anyone know whether you can save the videos on Youtube as windows media or real player files?
I tried looking in temporary internet files after viewing them but they are not there.

al224 18:54 23 Aug 2006

it can be done but its illegal so i suggest you dont bother.

€dstowe 18:55 23 Aug 2006

They're such poor quality, I'm surprised you want to save them.

arris 19:01 23 Aug 2006

Does anyone know if it possible to stop a video from downloading once you have clicked on one? When I click on stop the video stops playing but it still carries on downloading. It's such a pain in the shitter.

VNAM75 19:11 23 Aug 2006

When I view the video it plays in windows media player. Like all trailers, clips, videos on websites, aren't they suppose to download automatically into your temporary internet files folder?

The quality isn't that bad actually. Normally I would just record the sound and convert it to mp3, but this is a very special music video of a concert performance (2 minutes)by my favourite singer. I'd have no hesitation to buy it if it was for sale somewhere, but it isn't.

arris 21:19 23 Aug 2006

How do you get it to run in Windows Media Player? Mine is playing in Macromedia Flash.

arris 07:08 24 Aug 2006

If you wanna save videos I think you can only save them as flash files. click here and copy the link of the page with the video on it and paste it in the textbox. You'll need the free FLV Player to be able to watch them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?