your-searcher.com

fitshase 10:16 11 Jun 2004

Currently running WinXP Pro on a Compaq Laptop with 2 users. I have PC-Cillin 2000 kept up-to-date and I have a Netgear ProSafe router with Firewall.

Recently I have been experiencing a multitude of problems which I think are connected:-

Firstly, whenever I log off my profile, I receive the message that Win Min is not responding. I click end now and it pops up again. I click end now and then it logs off.

Secondly, my homepage in Internet Explorer has been hijacked from Google.co.uk to your-searcher.com. I have tried Adaware, HijackThis and CWShredder all to no avail. I have even edited the registry (backed it up first) to remove all instances of your-searcher.com. Still nothing. Everytime I restart it goes back to your-searcher.com.

Thirdly, I have PC-Cillin 2000 running which has worked fine before. However, it now pops up asking if I want to download the latest pattern file. I do and it downloads it and installs it. It then restarts PC-Cillin (normal procedure) and pops up again asking if I want to download the same pattern file. This keeps happening if I press yes.

Finally, when I bring up the Task Manager, the border and menus are missing and it looks like this (click here) - that is not the actual screenshot as I am at work at the mo on Win98 however that is what the task manager looks like at home.

I am going to download all of the WinXP Pro updates from Microsoft and install them then try everything again tonight when I get home. Does anyone know why this is happening or if they are all indeed connected?

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers

Fitshase

Graham ® 10:22 11 Jun 2004

One of the problems may be System Restore. Turn it off before running any of those programs.

fitshase 10:26 11 Jun 2004

Cheers but I have tried that. That was the first thing I did before running the spyware stuff.

Regards

Fitshase

fitshase 11:23 12 Jun 2004

Managed to sort it (your-searcher and win min):-

Ran HijackThis and removed the additional files of slchost.exe and cvchost.exe.

Also removed the file iehr.dll.

Works now. Still got to work out PC-Cillin 2000 problem though.

Fitshase

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?