your mag issue 95 free disks problems

windygale 15:25 30 Jun 2003

Dear sirs, can you help to erase Cyberscrub & Spybot as they will not remove after going through add & remove it comes up check if working or protected.
thanks,
Martin Gale.

Confab 15:46 30 Jun 2003

You don't say what system you are using but try ending task on all running apps by pressing Ctrl, Alt & Del - click on each running app and then click end task. Do this for all running apps except Explorer. Once you've done this try to uninstall the two programs.

Regards

windygale 15:02 01 Jul 2003

thanks for your responce,the unit is a win98 upgrade to XP,14 gig HD, with 256 RAM,
CYBER SCRUB BASIC and Sypbot are still in win explored /program files- when i tryed to erase them they still say make sure disk not full or witer protected or not in use . When i hit windows task manager i had 104 displays with not responding can you please give me more help
thanks

Confab 15:30 01 Jul 2003

Can I ask how you tried to erase them in the first place?

windygale 22:42 01 Jul 2003

i went into ADD&REMOVE in the control panel/Change/Remove programs and them pressed Change/Remove like normal,
the programs was removed from the Start up memu,but when i checked in the program file they were still there.
Trying to remove them i had the responce-ckeck programe not running or protected.

windygale 09:45 03 Jul 2003

thanks WG

jnevill 10:13 03 Jul 2003

I don't know about Cyberscrub but the Spybot website indicates there can be a problem with uninstalling Spybot and has details of how it should be done at click here

Hope it helps

John

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017