your a genius if you can solve this

leeknight67 16:58 28 May 2005

i just bought a usb controller. i tried to usse it on my laptop which is 2.7 Ghz, Windows XP, 704 mbram. and it wouldnt work. yet when i use it on my desktop which is 500Mhz, Pentim 4, 512 Mbram it works fine. on the laptop i have been into control panel and into game controllers but i have found nothing. the only thing that works is the vibration on it. i am all out of ideas please help me im stuck
thanks in advance

Lee

bremner 17:06 28 May 2005

This is your third thread on this today - it makes it very confusing if you do not stick to one.

click here

click here

Totally-braindead 17:34 28 May 2005

Leave the posting open until you get a solution or decide to give up, don't do numerous threads on the same subject because people then can't see what has already been tried or suggested. On one of the other threads Tom and Jerry suggested it may be a power problem and it may be he is right. The power I think he was refering to is the voltage going to the USB sockets on the laptop not the power as in speed of processor. Does the USB connections on your laptop work with other things? Is so and you have other USB devices connected then try it with only the controller connected. What is the operating system on the laptop and the desktop?

SANTOS7 17:39 28 May 2005

click here
this may give you some ideas but it points to tomjerry's suggestion that laptops do not supply enough power to support such devices......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?