Your Computer Might Be At Risk

I,Me and Myself 10:28 31 Oct 2006

How do I stop this balloon coming to the task bar of my PC? We have a firewall running and anti virus - so why does it do it? Is there something not set up correctly?

johndrew 10:31 31 Oct 2006

Have you fully updated Windows, your anti-virus all your anti-malware and your firewall (if applicable)?

Technotiger 10:32 31 Oct 2006

Hi, is your anti-virus up-to-date and what firewall do you use - also what OS?

Cheers.

Stuartli 10:34 31 Oct 2006

Go to Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Security Center.

Ensure that both your firewall and AV are "ON" and highlighted in green; if you have ZoneAlarm, for instance, it will be listed as being active.

I,Me and Myself 10:47 31 Oct 2006

Have just re-installed Zonealarm but says it is unable to connect to the TrueVector etc. and it will not install.

I,Me and Myself 10:49 31 Oct 2006

Anti Virus is green but Firewall is not running because of above.

Technotiger 10:50 31 Oct 2006

If you are using XP, have you tried a System Restore back to before this balloon started appearing?

I,Me and Myself 10:52 31 Oct 2006

Actually it has been appearing for a long time but we thought we were fully protected anyway so ignored it. Cannot remember when it didn't show.

Technotiger 10:57 31 Oct 2006

But if you have XP anyway, you should be able to set the XP Firewall to run. Then try to sort out your ZA and once sorted restart ZA, 'cos I believe it is better than XPs own. Personally I use Kerio and in any case I also have a hardware firewall.

Cheers

I,Me and Myself 10:58 31 Oct 2006

The screen I am getting when trying to install ZoneAlarm is:

Setup is unable to login to the TrueVector service. Install cannot continue without logging into the TrueVector seri=vice.

Please use the service manager to shut down the TrueVector service and then restart the installer program.

I,Me and Myself 11:00 31 Oct 2006

I now have the Windows firewall running. But still need to sort out another one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone