you tube videos freezing

ball_footy 19:39 26 Jul 2013

hi , having a problem with you tube vids they keep freezing after a few seconds and I just click a few seconds further in video and it starts and then does the same thing again ,it happens with every video , has been doing it for weeks s am using internet explorer can anyone help please ,

rdave13 19:59 26 Jul 2013

Sounds like it is buffering. Check your download speed. click here

woodchip 20:15 26 Jul 2013

rdave13 I would say that.

ball_footy Try turning your router off for two minutes then back on. the try video again

ball_footy 20:45 26 Jul 2013
  ball_footy 20:53 26 Jul 2013

thx for replies but if I turn off router for 2 mins and then try does this mean I have to do it every time I want to watch a vid on you tube ?

rdave13 20:58 26 Jul 2013

Holey molley I'm jealous. Close your browser then run ccleaner. If you don't know about the cleaner use a search engine on what it does and what you can keep. If you know all your log in detail for various sites and you don't give a hoot about your browser history then run in default mode. Otherwise use the browser's options to delete cashe and temporary files. Then close the browser, wait a second or two and re-open.

rdave13 21:00 26 Jul 2013

ball_footy , you don't need to reboot the router.

ball_footy 09:28 27 Jul 2013

have done all that and still the same ?

rdave13 09:37 27 Jul 2013

Try adjusting hardware acceleration, might help, click here

ball_footy 11:23 27 Jul 2013

thx for reply but cant seem to find hardware acceleration when I go into system am using windows 8

aquatarkus 12:13 27 Jul 2013

You don't say who your ISP (internet service Provider) is and what speed internet connection you have.

Are you with Virginmedia by any chance, if so this is a known problem for anyone with VM, from their lowest 30mb connection right up to their 120mb connection.

Been going on for over a year and they aren't any closer to fixing the issue.

Regards Aquatarkus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?