You Might Find This Useful - Search Resources.

tbh72 15:02 08 Oct 2003

Many years ago I subscribed to claranet, they provided a service which I was very happy with. The had something called a search page, I have never seen such a page since they removed it.

Here's my feeble effort click here which I hope you find useful. I would be greatful of any feedback as to wether this would be a feasable page to host.

If it prooves to be of interest I will seek the correct authorisation for use of images etc and will also look at including randomly appearing links to members websites here.

Regards
T

tbh72 16:47 08 Oct 2003

BUMP - For some useability feedback!!!

jordi2 17:16 08 Oct 2003

To provide links to altavista, google and yahoo is quite useless. I would say that 90% or more of people surfing the net already know about it

rawprawn 17:17 08 Oct 2003

I think you have had a good try, but I think most of us might have those links in our favourites menu. Well done for trying.Have you looked at Copernic Agent at click here it's quite good & it's free.

tbh72 17:29 08 Oct 2003

These are tools which I use almost daily, if not some of them many times a day. Until today, they all resided in my favourites folder now there's just one link to all of the resources.

Copernic look's interesting, I will investigate further.

Regards
T

Djohn 17:37 08 Oct 2003

Thanks for the info. Tony, gone into my "Favs." Also rawprawn's link to Copernic is a good one. Copernic uses many search engines at the same time to provide results. j.

tbh72 18:09 08 Oct 2003

Thank's for that Djohn, if it has to be removed I will inform you. Still looking for feedback, may'be you have a website which you would like listed in this example?

bvw in bristol 19:45 08 Oct 2003

I like it, thanks tbh72.

tbh72 21:44 08 Oct 2003

Anymore for Anymore!!!

VoG II 21:48 08 Oct 2003

Please do not take this as a criticism, tbh72, but it is not for me. I have virtually all of these on my Links toolbar or in Favorites.

We have something very similar at work on our intranet - I do not use it.

sgtdibble 22:30 08 Oct 2003

I must agree with VoG its just as easy to click on favourites or toolbar not for me either-sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

These hilarious robot GIFs will be sure to make you smile

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie