You just got to laugh!

anon1 17:00 12 Apr 2004

I have noticeds recently that there is an increasing number of "undeliverable mail " notifications in one of my hotmail accounts. Without exception they are attempts to either send or inflict a virus. It just goes to show the stupidity of some of these "morons" trying to do this. Anyone with half a brain would soon realise it is just not possible to either send or receive a virus using hotmail. That of course is courtesy of dare I say it Microsoft. Amusing

anon1 18:14 12 Apr 2004

<bump>

Forum Editor 18:49 12 Apr 2004

often don't know they're doing it. When you get a message sent to your hotmail address it may have come from someone who has no idea that it's being sent to you - or indeed that it's being sent at all.

I may have a virus on my machine, and that virus may go looking for addresses to mail itself to - if you're in my address book you might be the chosen one.

In another scenario people have random address generators which produce thousands of addresses in a session. Lots of these will be hotmail addresses, although not all of them will be 'live' ones. Just pick any word @hotmail.com and the chances of it being an actual address are reasonably high.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?