'you do not have permission to save '

Vashti 16:04 14 Jul 2006

I am running windows XP SP2 and have always saved certain e mails to a CD. Since updating to windows explorer 7 if that is the cause, I don't know, whenever I click on save on these same e mails it tells me " you do not have permission to save in this directory, see the administrator for permission" I always sign in to my computer as an admninistrator but then I always have and it is nothing new. What's the problem please???

Fellsider 19:30 14 Jul 2006

"...always saved certain e mails to a CD"
&
"I click on save on these same e mails..."

What do you mean by same e-mails?

If you are trying to save e-mails already saved on CD perhaps you are trying to save them to the CD!

Check the save path to ensure it's not trying to do this.

Jackcoms 20:39 14 Jul 2006

"Since updating to windows explorer 7"

Or do you mean Internet Explorer 7 - which is a Beta and still 'buggy'.

Vashti 00:02 15 Jul 2006

I mean the e mails I receive from the same source. They are new e mails but they will not save. They always did before I got explorer 7 Beta

Vashti 00:04 15 Jul 2006

It is explorer 7 Beta. I don't know if it has affected anything or not. The e mails just will not save. They are new e mails from the same source that always saved no problem.

Vashti 22:13 17 Jul 2006

I thought I would let you know that I had so much trouble saving anything at all to CD or DVD I decided to restore my computer to a point before installing explorer 7 Beta. Everything is fine now. It was obviously the Beta 7 explorer causing the problem. This is a warning to everyone about this download. Many thanks Jackcoms for your input.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?