Yet another which digital camera should i get post

grabster 15:09 21 Feb 2004

yep,afraid so,ive been looking through previous posts on which digi camera to get and started thinking there must be a definative site i could browse to get the info i need.
I know where to go for info on DVD players,Audio HIFI, TV etc.. but where does someone looking for a cheapish ideal family camera start ?

TheTerminator 15:25 21 Feb 2004

seeems to be an extensive and exhaustive website which i have used for several years.

TheTerminator 15:25 21 Feb 2004

seeems to be an extensive and exhaustive website which i have used for several years.

hugh-265156 15:39 21 Feb 2004

very detailed reviews click here you can also compare the pics taken with different models and print them to test.lots of info,great site.

grabster 15:47 21 Feb 2004

Thanks for the links,thats me off for the weekend now so i think i'll get a cold one out of the fridge and rest my weary butt and do some research.

hssutton 16:10 21 Feb 2004

Not forgetting of course. click here

Sheila-214876 16:45 21 Feb 2004

You could also try click here

961 18:27 21 Feb 2004

The sites suggested above are all good

Always buy for the lens

Canon Zeiss Nikon

I have Canon Powershot but the companies that have produced top notch optics for the last 50 yrs are the ones to go for as DPReview will confirm

grabster 20:11 21 Feb 2004

Thanks for the input everyone,and i thought choosing a dvd writer was confusing .
If any one would like to offer an opinion on a £100-£200 model i would be grateful,i suppose i have typical family needs where most pictures would be for e-mail purposes and any print out's would be done in my local high street,i see adverts for fifty pix for a fiver so i would probably use that option as my epson c42plus probably wouldnt quite cut the mustard for photo printing.

TommyRed 22:23 21 Feb 2004

You could try the Fuji A204 which may be the A205 now. 3X optical zoom, better than digital zoom which uses up your pixels. I'm not a camera buff but 2Mp is fine for me with the optical zoom, a great point and shoot camera as well. It cost me about £160 but I'm sure you could get it cheaper try click here I've just had a look and the're doing the A205 for £99.00 on a weekend deal. Also look at what size card you get with the camera, the Fuji's come with 16Mb which I think is a minimum. Other cameras only come with 8Mb which would mean having to buy another card and pushing the price up. HTH TR

britto 01:43 22 Feb 2004

amazon advert on right has a canon a60 for £99.99 get it while you can. allow for extra card and batts/charger.click here and click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?