Yet another strange problem on my comp

Rhuddlan 14:43 28 Jun 2004

I use msn explorer to check my hotmail messages and every so often, usally around every 2-3 weeks, when I put my password in a message appears saying that the user name or password is incorrect, when they are both correct, no one has changed my password, because no one know the answer to my secruity question and no one know my password, it's only myself and my sister that use the comp, there is no problem changing the password and gaining back access to my hotmail account, but this happens every now and again, and I was just wonderning why? Has anyone else experainced this problem, my sister wouldn't change it, so what's going on? Regards, Rhuddlan.

Indigo 1 15:45 28 Jun 2004

Make sure there is no "Time Out" limit on this account, some types of account require that you use them more frequently so that they don't have too many 'out of use accounts' blocking the system.

stlucia 15:57 28 Jun 2004

"... my sister wouldn't change it ..." Have you asked her?

Do you use the 'remember my password' facility? If so, are you cleaning out your HDD and removing the cookies (or whatever they are) that retain your password for you?

matt1234 16:34 28 Jun 2004

ok if msn messanger close your acount down after 60days now you might of left it for a bit to long so you might want to email them to see whats goin on!

and check you typed the thing PROPERLY

Mango Grummit 16:47 28 Jun 2004

To preface what I am going to say next -- MSN explorer is very underrated -- it's a real good, quick, nice to use browser -- in my opinion.

But ...... MSN and Hotmail per-see are the most unnecessary bits of kit for most ordinary computer users. Indeed Hotmail is blocked at Mango Towers.

Rhuddlan, if you are only checking it out 13 or 14 times a year maybe it does not matter much to you either???

regards, M

Irishman 16:47 28 Jun 2004

Try logging in once a week instead.

Mango Grummit 16:51 28 Jun 2004

Would have been simpler if I'd have said that, begorraH!!!!

bruno 17:15 28 Jun 2004

I read it to mean that his problem occured every 2 or 3 weeks,not that he only logged in then.Maybe I read it wrong!.I have had the same problem in the past but it hasn't happened for a long time and I did nothin to cure it.

Irishman 17:30 28 Jun 2004

Yeah but I liked your more subtle way!!

I find that if you leave Hotmail accounts alone for too long they seem to go into the first stage of being disabled hence my reason for checking once a week.

Rhuddlan 17:48 28 Jun 2004

I use the account at least 5 times a day, I have at least 5 new e mails a day, I know it's not a lot, but I prefer to check them every day. I have asked my sister and she hasn't changed it, she has not reason to. I don't use the remember my password option, I don't want my sister looking at my e mails, not that I have anything to hide. Thanks for the help, regards, Rhuddlan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?