Yet another Kaspersky question (KIS v7)

exdragon 15:55 11 Jun 2008

Hi - I've just loaded this and fully expect not to know what I'm doing yet! Is it necessary to activate Application Integrity Control and Registry Guard in the Proactive Defense option - they aren't selected by default.

I did turn them on, but didn't understand the resulting dialogue - how on earth do I know if a particular DLL should be accepted or rejected? Also, in a box which reports that one process is attempting to merge with another, there's an entry showing at the top of the box under a Risk heading (it says Invader) and then lists my Filecentre programme and Outlook,

The various options include to add to the trusted area, skip or block. Does this refer to Filecentre, Outlook or this Invader thing??

Virtually every programme I try to open hangs and takes about 5 minutes to close down. Obviously haven't got the hang of it yet, but could some Kaspersky user point me in the right direction, please?

wrg 16:14 11 Jun 2008

Hi

I use KISv7, I cannot answer your question but you can register at their user forum forum.kaspersky.com. The people on the site are really helpful. I had a couple of issues last week and registered and responses were posted very quickly

exdragon 16:16 11 Jun 2008

wrg - thanks - just found it and the first question and answer I came across was this very thing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?