Yellow triangle in outlook express-meaning?

eh? 11:11 10 May 2007

Hello
My friend had a prob some weeks ago with her emails (she's with TalkTalk) and although I told her to wait as it was their problem, she decided to mess with her settings resulting in a complete mess basically. I have managed to get her outlook express back, and it seems to be running ok apart from 2 things:
1)There is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it in the bottom right of the outlook express window.
2)She has lost all her saved messages in folders.
Anyone have any suggestions please?
Many thanks.

johnnyrocker 11:18 10 May 2007

system restore.?

johnny.

recap 11:19 10 May 2007

For question 2, do a search for *.dbx files you may be able to retrieve the emails from OE store.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:36 10 May 2007

If OE's spooler encounters an error, a small yellow triangle will appear in the lower right corner of the OE window. If you click on the triangle, the spooler window will pop up and will inform you of any errors that OE encountered during the transmission process. Errors can occur for lots of reasons, some of which are related to inability to connect during heavy traffic times. To ensure that you're not getting an error message because your server timeout setting is too low, go to Tools | Accounts | Mail | Your Mail Account | Properties | Advanced and move the timeout slider bar from the default of 1 minute to something longer (but less than 5 minutes).

eh? 11:36 10 May 2007

Thank you both.
Well...system restore has it's own probs too I'm afraid ,it's not working!(thats another story!)
will try the*.dbx files, thanks!

eh? 11:46 10 May 2007

Fruit Bat /\0/Thank you for that info, I will try that, am not with her at the mo, but will asap and report back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone