Yellow Envlope

carmichy 14:26 28 Mar 2009

What is the correct way to contact a person in this forum by using the yellow envelope. The reason I ask is that I think that one of the persons responding with advice is an old friend of mine from Oban Argyll his nickname in here is the same as the one we gave him while I was in Oban

tullie 14:40 28 Mar 2009

Usualy frowned upon but try clicking the envelope.

carmichy 14:46 28 Mar 2009

Tullie

I was hoping that the person himself may have read the thread and recognised his location and responded to it. Do you think I will be breaking Forum Rules by clicking on the Yellow Envelope ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:05 28 Mar 2009

"Do you think I will be breaking Forum Rules by clicking on the Yellow Envelope?"

As you have explained your purpose here I think that it would be acceptable however the person concerned may not open unsolicited messages and may well delete before reading so don't be disappointed if you do not get a reply.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:06 28 Mar 2009

"Do you think I will be breaking Forum Rules by clicking on the Yellow Envelope?"

As you have explained your purpose here I think that it would be acceptable however the person concerned may not open unsolicited messages and may well delete before reading so don't be disappointed if you do not get a reply.

carmichy 15:16 28 Mar 2009

Yes Fruit Bat I accept the point and that is the reason I asked the question. As you can see from my initial question I was asking in away that the person may recognise himself from the description of his location and respond of his own free will.

Can any one think of another way I may contact him?

Or maybe this is better in another Forum ?

Andsome 15:49 28 Mar 2009

On Windows forum there is the facility to send a personal message which never actually leaves the forum. The person is usually notified by e mail from the forum that a PM is awaiting them. Also when you log on there is a little window which states that a PM is waiting for you.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?